zondag 24 januari 2010

Using the Poulan Wild Thing

After reading all the other reviews I actually took a moment to look at my chain saw to make certain I have the same Poulan Wild Thing. So after confirming I do own the same one, I am pleased to be able to offer a very positive opinion of this tool.

I have cut down two large trees, Height is really not as relavent as is the diameter of these trees. The first was approximately 40" round, and the second about 37". Both trees fell with ease, and were cut up into sections to be split for fire wood also with much ease. In fact I got just under 2 cords of wood from these 2 trees alone. Both of the trees were Red Oak. HARDWOOD!!

In addition I had a truck load of assorted logs delivered to me. Ranging in diameter from 14" to 30" and 10 feet to 15 feet long, laid on their sides, piled 7 feet high yeilding another 6 cords of wood. Other than going through chains (5 of them mainly because for $18 to replace, I did not want to take the time to sharpen them) I did not have any problem with the chain saw at all.

Yes, it uses lubricating oil, yes it burns fuel. If you use the proper mix of 2 cycle oil the engine runs excellent.

I went through 3 quarts of chain oil, and about 3 gallons of fuel/oil mix.

As the chain breaks in it will loosen up. Adjust is snug and don't try to overtighten it and you will not have any problem. Routine cleaning of the sprockets will allow the saw to continue to run again without issue.

There is vibration, but not too much where I was fatigued. The saw has enough power to cut in upward, and downward direction. It will cut equally fast in either direction.

Cold starts are easy enough after about 2-3 pulls, hot starts are easier generally with 1 pull.

The Gas & Oil Cap do tend to tighten up and need a little help to open after the saw has been running for a while. Better tighter than possibly opening while operating if you ask me.

The saw does NOT kick back very often when used properly. Any chain saw will kick and buck if you are cutting wood in the top front of the chain saw blade and arm.

I am pleased with this purchase, and it has more than earned its place in my shed next to the log splitter.

article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link - article link

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten